Wednesday (St Martin of Tours)
- Delivered our California guests–Brenda’s sister and brother-in-law–to O’Hare in time for them to catch their 0930 departure.
- Worked via email with the choir director at Emmanuel Champaign to get ready for an online hymn sing that I’m guest-hosting on the 24th. The whole diocese is invited, and we’ll be including both Thanksgiving and Advent hymns. It looks to be fun.
- Built out my developed outline for this Sunday’s homily (St Bartholomew’s, Granite City) into a full rough draft.
- Grabbed a brisk walk with Brenda while the daylight was still robust.
- Moved the ball noticeably down the field in some clergy deployment issues, by means of a handful of substantive emails.