Wednesday (St John of Damascus)
by Bishop Daniel
on December 4, 2013
- Usual AM routine; Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Set up and otherwise prepared for the 12:15 Mass (altar book, readings, Prayers of the People).
- Took a phone call from one of our clergy regarding a deployment issue, which then generated a handful of emails.
- Worked on a long-delayed updating of the “alternative” Prayers of the People, a resource for parishes on the diocesan website.
- Presided and preached at the regular cathedral liturgy, celebrating the lesser feast of St John of Damascus.
- Lunch at home, from TG.
- Working from home, continued with the Prayers of the People project.
- Left for Edwardsville at 3:30.
- Met with the vestry of St Andrew’s from 5:00 until approximately 6:30. They are past the initial phase of their transition, and ready to discuss possible future scenarios.
- Dinner at Jack-in-the-Box in Edwardsville, then home, arriving at 8:30.