Wednesday (St Joan of Arc)
by Bishop Daniel
on May 30, 2018
- Usual weekday AM routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Somewhat to my consternation, the task of preparing service leaflets for the six celebrations of the Eucharist at the St Michael’s Youth Conference week after next consumed my entire morning. No snags or technology meltdowns; it just took that long.
- Lunch from Taco Gringo, eaten at home.
- Sculpted a homily for tomorrow’s celebration of Corpus Christ at the cathedral, starting with a text from a prior year, but using only about 20% of it in the end, the rest being fresh material.
- Created an organizational infrastructure (a shared Dropbox folder) for the Mission Strategy Reports that are beginning to arrive from our Eucharistic Communities (a new canonical mandate), and informed the members of the Department of Mission.
- Attended to a project on behalf of the Communion Partners.
- Cranked out a 200-word meditation on one of the daily office readings for November 4, 2019. I’m responsible for that month in Forward Day by Day, and I’m trying to do two per week that I’m not traveling. (They’re all due in December.) It’s kind of a “speed dating” version of writing–no time for sustained reflection, or putting it aside and coming back later. Beginning to end, conception to delivery, in one sitting. Just get it done.
- Did some routine end-of-month calendar maintenance.
- Evening Prayer (for the Eve of the Visitation) in the cathedral.