Wednesday (St Ignatius of Antioch)
by Bishop Daniel
on October 17, 2012
- After a trip to my doctor’s office to get some blood drawn, it was a “normal” morning. MP in the cathedral.
- Made some technical preparations for the presentation of proposals to synod regarding our companions relationships with other dioceses.
- Refined my homily for the synod Mass. It’s now “in the can” (which means it lives in a file folder in the back seat of my car, a routine procedure).
- Worked on some details of the upcoming clergy/musicians conference.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Weekly scanning/filing chores. Doing this always generates a few secondary tasks, which take up time.
- Refined my homily for this Sunday (St Andrew’s, Edwardsville). It is also now in the can–and you know what that means now.
- Worked on a rough draft of a sermon for Proper 25 (October 28 at St Barnabas, Havana).
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Dinner from Chine 1, eaten in my office.
- Attended the regular monthly meeting of the cathedral chapter. Productive discussion of transition-related issues.