Wednesday (St Hilary of Poitiers)
- Once again, scoured the interwebs for news from the primates meeting. Woke up to an encouraging email from someone close to the scene, and as the day progressed, there was more reason to be optimistic. I am already conditioned to pray regularly in a disciplined manner. I do not as often pray spontaneously as I have these last few days, including as a awaken during the night.
- Arrived at the office and immediately tackled getting ready to preside and preach at the midday Mass. Then my electronic system reminded me of an appointment that I had thought was an hour later. Quick adjustment.
- Hence, Morning Prayer was the short memorized form once again as I walked through the cold over to Christ Church for an appointment with Fr Tournoux.
- Back to the office an hour or so later, where I arranged to get myself registered for the March House of Bishops meeting, dashed off a note of welcome to the rector-elect of Alton Parish, and firmed up arrangements for a Nashotah House Board of Directors conference call.
- Presided and preached at Mass for the lesser feast of St Hilary of Poitiers. Dude knew something about keeping theological boundaries without disconnecting, which is kind of … timely.
- Lunch from McD’s, eaten at home. (Yes, McNuggets with hot mustard sauce.)
- Performed reconstructive surgery on a homily text for Epiphany III toward a goal of rehabbing for use at Trinity, Jacksonville on the 24th.
- Attended to several nuts-and-bolts chores related to planning and preparing the liturgies at the clergy pre-Lenten retreat, coming up in less than three weeks. Yes, Ash Wednesday is only four weeks from today.
- Evening Prayer (short form, memorized) in the car on the way home, right around 6:00.