Wednesday (St Clement of Rome)
by Bishop Daniel
on November 23, 2016
- Task planning, as well as substantive attention to an emerging pastoral issue, at home.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Prepared to celebrate and preach at the midday Mass.
- Attended to that same pastoral issue, via a couple of phone calls and an email.
- Gathered and duly submitted expense documentation for my trip to Mississippi last week.
- Looked around at various pockets I might pick and put together some short-term financial aid for one of our postulants.
- Scanned the pile of items in my physical inbox.
- Finally gave up on writing any birthday/anniversary notes to clergy and spouses with nodal events in November, and received the December stack.
- Went over to the chapel to celebrate Mass, but it was one of those relatively rare occasions when nobody showed.
- Lunch from La Bamba, eaten at home. Stayed home to work for the afternoon.
- Finished tagging and organizing the items I scanned before I left the office.
- Dealt with correspondence from “national church” officials regarding the diocese’s relationship to the budget of the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society (aka “the national church”).
- Kept an appointment for a donation of red cells at the blood bank.
- Evening Prayer in my recliner.