Wednesday (St Catherine of Siena)
by Bishop Daniel
on April 29, 2015
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral (Brenda having driven me in, since I was still carless).
- Refined and printed my homily for Easter IV (this Sunday at St George’s, Belleville).
- Responded to three disparate situations, relatively briefly, via email.
- Allowed myself to get sucked into an exchange on the venerable General Convention listserv that I’ve been a member of since 2002. My efforts were probably ineffective.
- Walked up to Isringhausen to retrieve my car. Lunch from KFC, eaten at home.
- Spoke by phone (at my request) with a fellow trustee, and committee chair, of Nashotah House.
- Refined and printed my homily for Easter VI (May 9 & 10 in Marion and Carbondale).
- Took a close look at the latest draft of revised charter and bylaws for Nashotah House. Made a few notes.
- Retrofitted and repurposed some homiletical material from many years ago for use as a sermon when I visit Redeemer, Cairo for Easter VII (May 17).
- Attended to some minor General Convention-related chores.
- Perused a rather well-put together report from the Episcopal Church’s chief statistician. His work is one of the few instances in which something that the “national church” does is actually worth the money,
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Met with a postulant who is in the beginning of his formation stage as a vocational deacon.
- Spoke by phone substantively and at some length with the rector of one of our parishes.
- Home, rather tired, around 6:30.