Wednesday (St Bede)
- 8am, Morning Prayer in St Mary’s Chapel
- 8:45ish until 10:15ish–breakfast in the refectory. Sat a bit with Matthew Dallman to review the draft of the liturgy for his ordination to the diaconate on June 11. Processed some emails.
- 10:30-11:45ish: Attended the annual Alumni Day Mass, in the chapel. Brilliant homily from Fr Joel Prather of the Diocese of Milwaukee on the importance and relevance of St Bede.
- Noonish until 1:30ish: Lunch for alumni and tomorrow’s graduates at the Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc.
- 2:00-3:30: Attended a presentation by Fr Jack Gabig (faculty) and Fr Lee Nelson (alumn) on some ideas about catechesis in a post-Christian culture. Relevant and timely.
- Sat in the refectory (where there’s good wifi) and processed emails.
- 4:30-5:40ish: Solemn Evensong in the chapel, which included a “sermonic lecture” from the Bishop of Down & Dromore in the Church of Ireland, Harold Miller. It was superb.
- Gala banquet in Adams Hall, which included the presentation of several awards to distinguished alumni.
- And the highlight of the day: A late-night run to LeDuc’s, the iconic (to Nashotah students) frozen custard joint in the nearby community of Wales, accompanied by my friend Fr Dow Sanderson, rector of Holy Communion, Charleston (SC).