Wednesday (Ss Boris & Gleb)
by Bishop Daniel
on September 5, 2012
- Dropped the YFNBmobile off at the Hyundai dealer for routine scheduled maintenance; sweet hand-crippled Brenda followed me and shuttled me to the Round House.
- Morning Prayer in the office.
- Cleared my email inbox. Took some determination.
- Spoke by phone with a colleague bishop about a potential candidate in one of our search processes.
- Met with Fr Stormer and the Archdeacon to discuss implementation details for the latest iteration of sexual abuse and misconduct prevention training materials made available by the Church Pension Group.
- Retrieved my vehicle from the dealer, and had lunch at home, having procured some freshly fried catfish at a seafood market on South Grand.
- Reviewed and made comments on a draft liturgy booklet for an upcoming ordination.
- Spoke by phone with the Rector’s Warden of one of our parishes.
- Wrote a fairly detailed email to our communications people regarding some tweaks that the website needs.
- Investigated potential air travel itineraries for a Communion Partners event in Orlando in November.
- Read and replied to an email that arrived toward the end of my vacation, and which required a thoughtful response.
- Reviewed my Sunday visitations for October and made some appropriate notes.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.