Wednesday (Our Lady of Walsingham)
by Bishop Daniel
on September 24, 2014
- Task planning for the (rest of) the week at home. Only two days in the office, so some of the 39 currently active action items will get deferred.
- Consulted briefly with the Archdeacon over a real estate matter (the listing for the now-closed St Laurence, Effingham).
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Prepared to preside and preach at the midday Mass (my usual Wednesday gig). The interwebs failed me in the search for appointed readings for the lesser feast of Our Lady of Walsingham. Laid out those of the Visitation as a plausible surrogate.
- Refined and printed a working script for this weekend’s homily (Saturday night at St John’s, Centralia).
- Took my homily for the following Sunday, Proper 22 at St Paul’s in Carlinville, from an outline to a rough draft.
- Reported for duty at the cathedral chapel, but no takers. This happens sometimes.
- Lunch from Dynasty (Chinese), eaten at home.
- Read and responded to Ember Day letters from three of our postulants/seminarians.
- Responded by email to messages from two of our clergy regarding pastoral/administrative matters.
- Responded to an inquiry from the Presiding Bishop’s office regarding General Convention committee assignment preferences.
- Participated in a long conference call with other members of a special working group carved out of the Living Church Foundation board.
- Took my synod Mass homily from the stage of “developed outline” to “rough draft.”
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.