Wednesday (Our Lady of Mt Carmel)
by Bishop Daniel
on July 16, 2014
- Devotions in the cathedral; MP in my office.
- Prepped for midday Mass.
- Left a voicemail with a member of the Nashotah board.
- Revised, refined, and printed my sermon for this Sunday (St Mary’s, Robinson). Hopefully, it will still be in the back seat of my car when I reach for it. Still don’t know what happened to last Sunday’s.
- Wrote an email to one of our seminarians, addressing some pertinent questions he had previously inquired about.
- Got to work drafting a text for a video presentation I will be recording next week at Nashotah House.
- Celebrated and preached the midday cathedral Mass, marking the extra-canonical lesser feast of Our Lady of Mt Carmel.
- Lunch at home–leftovers.
- Continued working on the video text.
- Connected by phone with the person I had left the voicemail with earlier.
- Took an incoming phone call from a fellow Nashotah trustee.
- Conferred with the Archdeacon over a draft Letter of Agreement with a priest newly coming into the diocese.
- For the sake of my health–both physical and mental–got up from my desk as took about a six block walk through the neighborhood east and south of the office.
- Responded by email to some pastoral/administrative requests made by one of our clergy.
- In my task software, created a large project aimed at producing a series of short teaching videos on the Seven Habits of Well-Formed Christian Disciples.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Walked down to Subway at 5th & South Grand for some dinner.
- Walked back up to the cathedral and attended the regular July Chapter meeting. Got home a little before 9pm.