Wednesday (John Mason Neale)
- Morning Prayer fell through the cracks today, as I was immediately engulfed upon arrival at the office by a chain of phone calls, both incoming and outgoing, that lasted until nearly 11:30. All were with either clergy or wardens in the diocese, pertaining to various emerging issues in various parishes.
- Refined and printed the working notes of my sermon for this Sunday (St John the Baptist, Mt Carmel).
- Lunch from China 1, eaten at home.
- Plotted a course toward being prepared for my guest preaching gig in the Diocese of Tennessee on September 22, when the House of Bishops will be meeting in Nashville.
- Took care of various bits of administrivia (for example, printing and signing forms giving consent for bishops in other dioceses to retire–yes, my life is that exciting!).
- Wrote out birthday and anniversary greetings to clergy and spouses for the rest of August .
- Scanned and otherwise processed the pile of hard copy detritus that was in my physical inbox.
- Evening Prayer (memorized form) in the car on the way home, as it was already well past 6.