Wednesday (John Keble)
by Bishop Daniel
on March 29, 2017
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral chapel (still lots of organ-installing going on in the nave and chancel).
- Prepped to preside and preach at the midday Mass.
- Completed my prep (begun last week) for tonight’s Lenten teaching series presentation at the cathedral.
- Walked laps in the cathedral nave, since it was raining outside.
- Reviewed the proofs of the formal portraits that were shot a couple of weeks ago, made a few notes to the photographer, and picked out the winners in each pose.
- Celebrated and preached the Mass for the lesser feast of John Keble.
- Lunch from Hy-Vee (Chinese section), eaten at home.
- Met for about 75 minutes with one of our rectors over an ongoing pastoral matter. It was somewhat intense, which always means I need to kill time with something relatively mindless afterward. So I processed a stack of emails and walk more laps in the cathedral nave, keeping track of the organ becoming playable.
- Hunkered down with commentaries on the readings for Easter VI (May 21 at Emmanuel, Champaign) in preparation for preaching on that occasion.
- Evening Prayer in the office.
- Supper and teaching with folks from the cathedral.