Wednesday (James O.S. Huntington)
by Bishop Daniel
on November 25, 2015
- Usual weekday routine; MP in the cathedral.
- Prepared to celebrate and preach the midday Mass.
- Spent some quality time with the Provost, covering a range of issues.
- Roughed out the third of my three quiet day meditations at St Stephen’s, Providence (RI) the weekend of III Advent.
- Processed a short stack of emails.
- Showed up for the noon Mass, but it failed for lack of a quorum. A quorum is two. Happily, this is not a very frequent occurrence.
- Grabbed some grub from La Bamba and took it home to eat. Remained home for the afternoon.
- Worked on my homily for III Advent (in Providence). It’s now at the rough draft stage.
- Researched video-conferencing platforms for an upcoming conference call.
- Packed for two nights away. Hit the road with Brenda at 4:20 for points north.
- Stopped in at OSF St Joseph Hospital in Peoria to look in on Fr Brian Kellington. He is much improved, and may already have been moved to a rehab unit (after two weeks on a ventilator) by the time you are reading this. Then, up IL29 along the right bank of the Illinois River to the facility where Bishop Donald Parsons resides. We had a very nice visit with him as well.
- We moved on then to Bloomington, where we are bedding down for the night ahead of continuing northward to Palatine for Martins family Thanksgiving tomorrow.