Wednesday (James DeKoven)
by Bishop Daniel
on March 22, 2017
- Usual AM routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Made preparations (which mostly consisted of identifying and printing out the readings) to preside and preach at the midday Mass.
- Attended to a small bit of business related to the fall clergy conference (in November).
- Refined the rough preparations I made last week for tonight’s Lenten series presentation at the cathedral, and printed out my working notes.
- Midday walk: Up Spring to Monroe, west to Walnut, down to Lawrence, and back to the ranch.
- Began (hand-)writing notes to clergy and spouses with birthdays and anniversaries in April.
- Celebrated and preached the midday Mass.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Spoke by phone with the secretary of the Nashotah House board ahead of next week’s conference call board meeting.
- Returned to the note-writing task, and finished it.
- Gave a close look at the latest liturgy booklet draft for Saturday’s ordination. It was AOK, and I printed out a copy and placed it in a ceremonial binder for my own use.
- Spoke by phone with one of our rectors over an emerging strategic issue.
- Made lodging arrangements for a trip to Cincinnati in May for a Forward Movement board meeting.
- Inquired re lodging arrangements at Nashotah House for the May board meeting.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral, a bit on the early side.
- Afternoon walk: East on Canedy to Fifth, up to Capital, over to Second, and back down.
- Wrestled with my personal and exegetical notes on the propers for Easter III (at St Bart’s, Granite City) and distilled my simple declarative sentence message statement.
- Read and replied to an Ember Day letter from one of our postulants.
- Had supper with the cathedral folks and delivered my third Lenten series teaching presentation.