Wednesday (Channing Moore Williams)
- Attended briefly to some Nashotah House corporation work.
- Reviewed and commented on another sermon draft from a postulant whom I’m coaching in learning to preach.
- Responded at some length to a message from the Bishop of Tabora. Followed up with some related administrative tasks.
- Responded substantively to a message from a potential candidate in one of our parishes in transition.
- Reached out by email to confirm this Sunday’s scheduled visitation to St Christopher’s, Rantoul.
- Did some cosmetic work to “contemporize” a sermon text for III Advent, in preparation for visiting St John’s, Centralia on that occasion.
- Kept a phone appointment with yet another potential candidate for one or more of our clergy vacancies.
- Did a Bowflex workout and took Brenda on a long walk (through the nearby cemetery where one of my predecessors, the last Bishop of Illinois and the first Bishop of Chicago, is buried).
- Laid out a fairly detailed sketch of my next-due post for the Covenant blog (about the Holy Innocents of Bethlehem, for appearance on that feast day, December 29 this year).