by Bishop Daniel
on November 15, 2017
- Usual weekday AM routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Dealt by email with a bit of administrative detritus pertaining to the diocesan Camp Board.
- Designed, printed, and sealed a certificate of appreciation for a parish musician in the diocese who has recently celebrated three decades in that ministry.
- Spoke by phone at substantial length with one of our clergy over some pastoral concerns.
- Made a visit to Illinois National Bank to (once again) get them to de-link the diocesan checking account from my personal online account access. Not only does is create the opportunity for misbehavior, should I undergo a sudden personality change, but it gives me heart palpitations when I see large checks than I know nothing about show up mixed in with all my trips to Taco Gringo and Schnucks.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Took care of a bit of administrivia pertaining to helping one of our Eucharistic Communities with its fall stewardship campaign.
- Wrestled once again seriously and long with the readings for III Advent, and finally managed to wrangle out a homiletical message statement. This is in preparation for preaching at St Luke’s, Springfield on December 17.
- Re-engaged with Gnosis, which I will yet fully master, and successfully launched an email blast to the geographically resident clergy of the diocese. Worked with Paige on some wrinkles getting this done.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.