by Bishop Daniel
on September 6, 2017
- Usual AM routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Prepped to preside and preach at the midday Mass.
- Spent more time than I would have liked chasing down some suspicious charges on my personal checking account. This involved a trip down to Illinois National Bank. It’s pretty well resolved now.
- Attended to some details pertaining to the next meeting of the Forward Movement board.
- Consulted with Paige briefly on a website issue.
- Began work on my homily for the synod Eucharist.
- Once again, reported for duty in the cathedral chapel at 12:15, but nobody joined me.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Attended to a late-arriving email from the American Friends of the Anglican Centre in Rome.
- Got back to work on my synod homily, eventually ending up with a developed outline from which I can produce a rough draft next week.
- Worked on the in-process synod Eucharist, focusing on an occasion-appropriate Prayers of the People.
- Gathered the comments of the clergy with whom I had vetted the draft Mission Strategy Report form and made some changes to the document in response. Sent it off to Fr Newago for his input.
- Worked on my sermon for Proper 23 (October 15 at St Matthew’s, Bloomington), taking it from the “message statement” to “developed outline” stage. Sermon preparation is mentally draining.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.