• Usual weekday morning routine: task planning at home, Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Sat with (that’s the best way I can think of to say it) the lectionary texts for Trinity Sunday, along with my own notes from my first pass at them a couple of weeks ago, and last week’s consultation of exegetical commentaries, until a homiletical message statement emerged for me: “It is in the context of mission that we know the Triune God” (based on Matthew 28:19). The plan is that this gets developed into a sermon that the people of Trinity, Mt Vernon will hear on June 11.
  • Devoted some time and effort via email to an ongoing discussion among some friends and colleagues around strategic concerns leading up to the next General Convention in July 2018. It takes a long time to assemble the ingredients of a fine legislative sausage.
  • Ran across the alley to consult with Dean Hook on a couple of relatively minor concerns.
  • Responded to an email from the Bishop of Tabora.
  • Took a phone call from one of our rectors on a couple of matters that are not of earth-shattering importance, but neither are they at all trivial.
  • Prepared to preside and preach at the midday Mass in the cathedral chapel.
  • Carried on a chat-by-email conversation with one of our clergy concerning mission strategy in a particular area.
  • Reported for duty in the cathedral chapel, but there was no congregation. Hence, no Eucharist.
  • Dropped some clothes off at Davis Cleaners, and leveraged my proximity to Taco Gringo to pick up some lunch to go.
  • Ate at home, then drove Brenda to a doctor’s appointment.
  • After dropping Brenda off back at home, drove up to Isringhausen Imports to have them look at the malfunctioning cell phone charger in the YFNBmobile. A small thing, but important. Turned out to just be a bad fuse. While waiting, I took part in a scheduled substantive conversation with the Dean of Nashotah House. We’re ramping up for the Directors meeting during commencement week later this month.
  • Back at the ranch around 4:15, I processed a batch of emails that had accumulated, and then paid attention to some technology issues pertaining to–you guessed it–the database system.
  • Routinely scanned and otherwise processed the accumulated hard copy in my physical inbox.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment

Next post:

Previous post: