by Bishop Daniel
on March 8, 2017
- Arrived early at the cathedral/office complex to get vestments and venue ready for a scheduled 9:30 portrait photo sitting. With four distinct “costumes” and locations within the building, it was more complicated than you might imagine.
- Customary devotions and short for of Morning Prayer.
- I won’t know if the formal portrait session was a success until I see the results, but I have a good feeling about it. By the time we were finished and I had everything cleaned up and put away, it was 11:00.
- Dealt with a couple of relatively small administrative matters via email.
- Did the “fine” prep for next Wednesday Lenten series teaching session at the cathedral. Early with it because I’m going to be out of town between tomorrow morning and that day.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Substantive phone conversation with one of our clergy regarding emerging pastoral matters.
- Dashed off a 600-word “From the Chairman” article for the next issue of Nashotah House’s quarterly publication. (Well, “dashed off” is too blithe a description; it was a bit more laborious than that.)
- Did some surgery on a sermon text for Lent III toward the end of repurposing it for use at St Christopher’s, Rantoul on the 19th of this month.
- Solidified my tentative plan for covering the last Wednesday in Lent at the cathedral teaching series, as I won’t be able to be there personally.
- Evening Prayer (on the early side) in the cathedral.
- Took a brisk walk up Second Street, around the north end of the state capitol, and back down on Spring.
- Made travel arrangements to attend the April meeting the the Living Church Foundation board.
- Joined the attending cadre of cathedral parishioners for a simple mean and a time of teaching. Hope by 7:30.