by Bishop Daniel
on December 16, 2015
- Usual AM routine: task planning at home, MP in the cathedral.
- Prepared to preside and preach at the midday Mass.
- Attended to a small chore related to the next pre-Lenten clergy retreat.
- Began to close in on some concrete sabbatical-planning arrangements.
- Took time with Brenda to execute our basic end-of-life documents (will, financial and healthcare POA), while they were witnessed and notarized by the Administrator and the Archdeacon.
- Met with a potential candidate for ordained ministry–initial get-acquainted interview.
- Presided and preached at the cathedral Mass, observing an Advent feria.
- Lunch from Popeye’s, eaten at home.
- Spent some more time with the sabbatical planning project.
- Worked with the Administrator on some … what else? … administrative issues.
- Spent some quality time with several commentaries on the Cana wedding miracle in John’s gospel, preparing to preach on that text on the Second Sunday after the Epiphany (Christ the King, Normal on 17 January).
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.