by Bishop Daniel
on October 3, 2012
- Morning Prayer at home,
- With the exception of of about 20 minutes spent in a pastoral phone conversation with a priest from outside the diocese, my entire morning (until 12:30) was devoted to processing some 30+ emails that had accumulated while I was out of town.
- After lunch at home, in the office a little before 2.
- Debriefed with the Archdeacon on sundry emerging concerns.
- Consulted with the Administrator on various details regarding the upcoming diocesan synod and a clergy/musicians conference in November.
- Cleared the “snail mail” off my desk and processed some materials I brought back with me from Cincinnati.
- Took a phone call on some Nashotah House-related business.
- Assembled, prepared, and sent (electronically) materials on four more potential candidates to the search committee chair at St John the Divine, Champaign.
- Completed and refined my sermon for tomorrow night’s ordination of Bruce DeGooyer to the priesthood.
- Evening Prayer (memorized short form) in the car on the way home.