by Bishop Daniel
on June 17, 2015
- Short-form Morning Prayer in the car on the way to the office. (I had an early-ish appointment.)
- From 8:30 until 11:30 I was part of a group that met with two representatives of ACS Technologies, an IT company that does business with nearly half the dioceses of the Episcopal Church in the area of financial and personal databases. With a transition in the treasurer’s office on the horizon, it seems an apposite time to look at all options. When our guests departed. Then there were a couple of after-meetings on various issues, and I left for lunch a bit before 12:30.
- Lunch from McD’s, eaten at home.
- Made some preparations for the talk I am set to deliver at this weekend’s Cursillo on Saturday morning.
- Attended to some details of the upcoming Peru trip.
- Took my homily for Proper 11 (July 19 in West Frankfort) from message statement to rough outline.
- Took care of a couple of small chores related to General Convention.
- Left a pastoral check-in voicemail at the home of one of our clergy households going through a rough time.
- Processed a batch of late-arriving emails.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Right at 5:00, pointed the YFNBmobile north toward Bloomington.
- Met with the vestry of St Matthew’s to discuss some mission strategy ideas. Back home at 9:45.