by Bishop Daniel
on March 4, 2015
- Daily task planning at home.
- Made a few technical preparations for being able to record on video my presentation this evening in O’Fallon.
- Morning Prayer at home.
- Composed and sent a message via email to an individual in the early stages of the ordination discernment process laying out some specific near term steps in that journey.
- Met for the better part of an hour via Skype with the Dean of Nashotah House and a consultant retained by the trustees to assist with reworking our governance procedures.
- Met for an hour and twenty minutes with a priest regarding some ongoing pastoral and administrative issues. The Archdeacon was in on part of this meeting.
- Lunch at home; leftovers.
- Attended to some administrative followup related to the late morning meeting.
- Kept a phone appointment with a priest to discuss how a particular individual’s gifts might be deployed for the sake of the mission of the diocese.
- Worked on my homily for Palm Sunday. Identified a central theme from my exegetical notes and roughed out the broad strokes of where I want to go with it.
- Departed at 4pm for points south. Enjoyed a Lenten supper with the folks at St Michael’s, O’Fallon and led them in a look at the first promise of the Baptismal Covenant: “Will you be faithful in the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in the prayers?”
- Back home right at 9:30.