by Bishop Daniel
on February 19, 2014
- Spoke by phone while still at home with my colleague, the Vice-Chair of the Nashotah House board of trustees, about an emergent matter that affects the House.
- In the interest of efficiency, when I got to the office, I first identified and printed out readings for today’s Mass, and prepared Prayers of the People.
- Took a call from another member of the Nashotah board concerning the same matter.
- Then I went over to the cathedral for Morning Prayer, and set up the chapel for the 12:15 liturgy.
- Spoke by phone with a third member of the Nashotah board, and left a voice mail with a fourth.
- Reviewed and tweaked the service program for my visit to St John’s, Decatur the Sunday after next.
- Drafted a wordsmithed a longish email to the full Nashotah board, but did not send it yet.
- Processed a small batch of emails.
- Presided and preached at the Mass for ferial Wednesday in the week of Epiphany VI.
- Lunch from Chitown’s Finest (Italian beef), eaten at home.
- Spent the next 3.5 hours crafting a sermon for this Sunday. I didn’t have the luxury of my customary segmented several-week incubation period. I just had to bang it out from start to finish without much finesse. I trust the Holy Spirit to still be faithful, even under such unusual circumstances.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Tweaked and sent the email to the Nashotah board that I had drafted earlier.