by Bishop Daniel
on September 11, 2013
- In the office nearly a half hour earlier than usual, but found it difficult to get focused and get traction.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- My day for the noon Mass, so I made sure all was ready: missal marked, readings found, Prayers of the People prepared, homily mentally plotted.
- Refined and printed my sermon for this Sunday, at St Andrew’s, Carbondale.
- Attended to some items of administrivia.
- Laid out the broad strokes of a sermon for Proper 25–October 27 at St Matthew’s, Bloomington.
- Presided and preached at the regular 12:15 cathedral chapel liturgy, celebrating the votive Mass, “For the Nation.”
- Went to lunch at Clay’s Popeye’s BBQ on South Grand Avenue East, with the Provost and the Archdeacon.
- A little bit more administrivia.
- Substantive phone conversation with Fr Thomas Fraser, president of the Living Church Foundation board, in our capacity as two of the three members of the nominating committee.
- Consulted with the Administrator over some matters related to the upcoming synod.
- Replied by email to some snail mail correspondence that’s been sitting in the hopper for a couple of weeks.
- Conceived and hatched a sermon for the synod Eucharist (lesser feast of St Philip the Deacon). Will still need a lot more attention.
- Worked on some clergy deployment-related issues.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.