by Bishop Daniel
on January 29, 2020
- Customary early AM routine.
- Took care of a brief bit of administrative-financial business (invoice for Province V Bishops meeting).
- Broke open the commentaries on John’s gospel, in partial preparation for preaching on Lent V at St Michael’s, O’Fallon. It’s the Johannine account of the raising of Lazarus. Rich stuff.
- Reached out by email to Bishop John Roth, my ELCA counterpart, planting the seed of a joint celebration of the 20th anniversary of Called to Common Mission (the TEC/ELCA full communion agreement) next Epiphany.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Opened a sermon file on Palm Sunday (featuring the passion according to St Matthew), in preparation for preaching in the cathedral on that occasion.
- Took Brenda to a routine appointment to get her pacemaker checked.
- Got the ball rolling on actually implementing a plan for the formation of a postulant for diaconal ministry.
- Puttered a bit in my ongoing basement reorganization project.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.