Wednesday (Oxford Martyrs)
- The usual: Intercessions, Morning Prayer, tea, breakfast, internet reading, crossword.
- Dealt with some issues pertaining to the service bulletin for the synod Mass.
- Did the necessary surgery on a “vintage” homily for Proper 25 such that it can be prepared for repurposing at St Mark’s, West Frankfort on the 27th of this month.
- Did the same sort of work on a text for All Saints, in preparation for visiting All Saints, Morton on November 3.
- Stepped out to grab a gyros lunch for Brenda and me and eat it with her at home.
- Took Brenda to her acupuncture appointment.
- Allowed by homiletical message statement for Proper 27 (November 10 in Bloomington) to explain to me how it wanted to be developed into a sermon outline. I tried to be cooperative.
- Consulted commentaries and did the exegetical work on the readings for Christ the King, when I will be visiting St Andrew’s, Carbondale.
- Took a first pass at the readings for Advent II (St Barnabas’, Havana). Prayed over them. Made some notes.