Wednesday (Jonathan Myrick Daniels)
by Bishop Daniel
on August 14, 2019
- Customary weekday early AM working routine.
- Continued substantive pastoral correspondence with a layperson of the diocese over discernment issues.
- Carefully attended to some pragmatic details of a clergy discipline situation.
- Took care of a brief administrative detail.
- Developed my homiletical notes on Proper 16 (St Bartholomew’s, Granite City) into a rough draft.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Reviewed the résumé and cover letter of a priest from outside the diocese with an eye toward potential deployment with us.
- Continued my focus on deployment issues with a detailed inquiry to the Archdeacon and Chancellor.
- Bit off another large chunk of the book I’m reviewing foe The Living Church. This chapter had a good bit to do with the community of Cairo, part of the diocese, so it was of particular interest to me. I’m about three-quarters of the way through the volume now.
- Went online and ordered some shelving units for my basement. The project continues.
- Attended to a bit of General Convention detritus (digesting a message from a Task Force on liturgical revision, and informing the Chair that we will not likely be forming a diocesan version of said task force (per resolution A068), since, for the most part, we remain quite content with BCP’79.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.