- Usual early AM routine.
- Attended via email to a brief administrative chore.
- Looked over and filed away for later review a Mission Strategy Report from one of our Eucharistic Communities.
- Looked over the readings and mentally roughed out a homily for the Mass I agreed to preside at and preach for midday at the Church of the Ascension.
- Moved the ball several years down the field in preparing to preach on the Sunday of Proper 16 (August 17, a Saturday evening, at St Mary’s, Robinson).
- Headed down to Ascension with Brenda. Celebrated and preached for a congregation of thirteen. Took Brenda to lunch at a nearby barbecue restaurant.
- Except for a phone conversation with one of our parish clergy, devoted the rest of the afternoon to the marriage and sexuality teaching document. I aim to get this one as close to right as possible.
- Evening Prayer alone, as Nana was upstairs with Hattie.