by Bishop Daniel
on October 31, 2018
- Usual weekday early AM routine: email culling, internet surfing, task planning, breakfast, Morning Prayer.
- Relatively short (as these things go) conversation with Comcast over a lingering move-in issue.
- Longer tech support conversation with Quicken.
- Developed my working notes for Session 4 of the clergy conference.
- Takeout lunch from the not-too-bad Chinese place around the corner.
- Stepped out to pick up some dry cleaning. Got back and found the cable guy there early. Assisted him (with stuff like basement access and a step stool) while he took care of some dangling loose ends from the original not-too-great installation.
- Performed reconstructive surgery on a sermon text from 1997 on Proper 28 (Nov. 18 at All Saints, Morton), making it time-sensitive to 2018.
- Made a run across the street to Walgreens for some trick-or-treat candy. Turned out not be be necessary, as we had no takers.
- Took a long and brisk walk on a fine fall day.
- Evening Prayer.
- Fixed dinner (“comfort food” ground beef tacos).
- Wrote lectionary reflection #23 (of an eventual 30) for Forward Day by Day (appearing a year from now).
- Attended to some Living Church Foundation board business.