Tuesday (Wm. Augustus Muhlenberg)
by Bishop Daniel
on April 8, 2014
- Task planning for the week and the day at home. 75 to-do candidates for the week, most of which will not get done. Judiciously chose ten to try to accomplish today.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Attended to some details pertaining to this Saturday’s Chrism Mass.
- Attended to some details pertaining to June’s youth pilgrimage to Canterbury.
- Attended to some details pertaining to clergy deployment.
- Attended to some details pertaining to Trinity, Mattoon’s role as a provider of campus ministry at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston.
- Drove to Havana to have lunch with Fr James Fedosuk, rector of St Barnabas’ Church there many years ago, now serving as supply priest for St James’ across the river in Lewiston (formerly of the Diocese of Quincy, now in Chicago). This included a drive to Lewiston and a tour of St James’.
- En route back, returned a call from a priest of the diocese, and spoke with a priest from outside the diocese regarding potential deployment possibilities in Springfield.
- Laid out the broad strokes and began to put meat on the bones of sermons for Palm Sunday and Maundy Thursday, both to be delivered at St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Made air travel and car rental reservations for a rather complicated trip the first full week of May–to Washington, D.C. for a Forward Movement board meeting, then to Dallas for a Living Church Foundation board meeting.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Counting what I did at home in the evening (while watching the Cubs lose to the Pirates in yet another one-run game), I accomplished nine of the ten task items I started the day with.