Tuesday (William Law)
by Bishop Daniel
on April 10, 2018
- Morning Prayer at home (waiting for a window blind installer).
- Pastoral care by email: Responded to some questions from a layperson about the issues General Convention is facing.
- Spent some time on the phone with Illinois National Bank (home of both personal and diocesan accounts) trying to straighten out some technology glitches.
- While the blinds installer words, I refined, edited, posted, and printed my homily for this Sunday (St Thomas’s, Salem).
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Traded emails with a priest about an upcoming visitation to his parish.
- Traded emails with the Bishop of Tabora regarding his upcoming visit to the diocese.
- Sat attentively with my exegetical notes on the readings for Easter VI (when I will be at the Chapel of St John the Divine in Champaign) and emerged with a homiletical message statement from which a sermon will hopefully be developed.
- Took a phone call from a priest. Followed up with a conversation with the Archdeacon.
- Caught up with a couple emails from laypeople about parish administrative issues.
- Took an initial prayerful pass at the readings for Pentecost, when I will be preaching at Emmanuel, Champaign as part of the centennial celebration of their architecturally significant church building.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.