Tuesday (Thomas Ken)
by Bishop Daniel
on March 21, 2017
- Task planning for the day and for the week at home.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Devoted a chunk of time to various planning details for this year’s Chrism Mass (the Saturday before Palm Sunday).
- Registered for a conference that I thought I had already registered for. But I apparently hadn’t.
- Took care of a small bit of clergy deployment business.
- Began working on a final working text for this Sunday’s homily (Christ the King, Normal).
- Took a brisk walk up Second to Capitol, over the Fifth, then down to Canedy and back to Second. My FitBit continues to be a motivating taskmaster.
- Took a look at a draft of the liturgy booklet for this Saturday’s ordination to the diaconate. Made a few tweaks.
- Continued working on the sermon, and brought that task to completion.
- Sat down with the chair of the Audit Committee to debrief on where we are with that work.
- Lunch from Twyford’s BBQ (pulled pork), eaten at home.
- Attended to a handful of substantive items pertaining to our companion diocese relationship with Peru. They are suffering mightily from some torrential rainfall that is outside the parameters of their climate. Flooding, mudslides, and the like. The food supply is imperiled.
- Reviewed next month’s Sunday visitation schedule and made a few notes.
- Afternoon walk: Canedy to Fifth, down to South Grand, back over to Second and up.
- Further refined the draft Communications Officer job description. I believe we have it in (relatively) final form now.
- Attended via email to some business pertaining to the Department of Mission.
- Attended via email to some Living Church Foundation business.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.