Tuesday (St Ninian)
by Bishop Daniel
on September 16, 2014
- Weekly/daily task planning at home.
- Consulted a but with the Archdeacon regarding the material detritus of the now-closed St Laurence, Effingham.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Began work on refining this Sunday’s homily (Trinity, Mt Vernon).
- Participated in a scheduled conference call in connection with my duties as co-trustee of the Putnam Trust, which benefits two of our parishes; the call was with representatives of the Bank of America, which is the other co-trustee, through its investment arm, U.S. Trust. Have the OK on some recommended asset re-allocation.
- Completed the word I had begun earlier on this Sunday’s homily; put the manuscript in my car (yes, I’m that paranoid).
- Walked (at the behest of the pedometer in my pocket) to Illinois National Bank’s downtown location to arrange for a wire transfer from my discretionary fund to Fr Ernest Nadeem, a priest/evangelist/teacher in Pakistan who visited the diocese last winter, and who has a pressing need.
- Lunch at home; leftovers.
- Developed the raw ideas for my synod homily that I jotted down (electronically, of course) last week, ending up with a workable sketch that will allow my to create an actual draft next week. Baby steps.
- Participated in a scheduled telephone appointment with a senior administrator at Nashotah House.
- Scanned and otherwise processed the bulging pile of paper in my physical inbox (it’s been a while). Feels good to look at it and see it empty.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.