Tuesday (St Gregory of Rome)
- The morning’s retreat address was provided by Jon Bruno, Bishop of Los Angeles, on “godly leadership in the midst of personal loss.” (Bishop Bruno has battled significant health issues over the last few years, most recently a rather miraculous recovery from leukemia.) His testimony was powerful.
- After lunch, we gathered for a meeting styled as as a Town Hall. Bishop Stacy Sauls, Chief Operating Officer at the national church office gave us a lengthy briefing on the life and work of the staff there. Various other bishops had other items–some long, some concise–that took us to a planned 3:00 break time.
- After the break we convened in a formal business session–Roberts’ Rules, the PB in the chair. There really wasn’t much to do. We recognized bishops new to the house, those who have died, and those in transition to retirement or other assignments. The session lasted about 15 minutes.
- We returned to Town Hall mode for a few more items, adjourning around 4:30.
- Closing Eucharist at 5:00, followed by a slightly-upscale dinner, for which the prevailing uniform seems to be navy blue blazer and bow tie. I’m not a bow tie kind of guy.
- Looking forward to going home tomorrow. A lot.