Tuesday (St Fabian)
by Bishop Daniel
on January 20, 2015
- Substantial weekly task planning at home.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Conferred with the Archdeacon over an emerging matter of interest.
- Three email responses: one to a search committee chair, one to a priest outside the diocese (permission to reprint something I wrote), one to the Dean-elect of Nashotah House.
- Took a brisk walk down Second to South Grand, then back up on Spring.
- Prepared and sent an email to the Nashotah House trustees with several issues concerning next months’ special winter board meeting in Sarasota.
- Lunch at home (leftovers).
- Wrote an email message to one of our priests asking for a phone conversation.
- Met with Fr Mark Evans, first to discuss my visit to his parish this Sunday, and secondly to discuss progress in his work as Finance Department Chair as we take steps to process Jim Donkins’ impending retirement as Treasurer and financial officer.
- Another hard walk: this one north on Second to the other end of the Capitol Building, then over to Spring and back down.
- Slogged through some mundane but necessary details related to corporate worship at next month’s clergy retreat.
- Roughed out the last of the three addresses I will deliver at said retreat.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.