Tuesday (St Bernard)
by Bishop Daniel
on August 20, 2019
- Prayers, tea, breakfast, and crossword in the usual fashion. Then out at 0735 for a chiropractic appointment at 0800.
- Back around 0915. Got cleaned up. Planned tasks for the day.
- Took a phone call from one of the clergy of the diocese.
- Stepped out to take Brenda to a 1030 acupuncture appointment. Picked up some Italian beef sandwiches from Al’s Beef on the way home. They make the absolute best. Ate in front of an episode of NCIS: Los Angeles. Yes, I can have pretty trashy taste in TV at times.
- Composed and sent a substantive email to a colleague bishop about a rather sensitive and complex issue about which I can presently say nothing specific.
- Took care of a fairly small duty in connection with my role as board secretary of the Living Church Foundation.
- Dealt at considerable length with an emerging pastoral issue in one of our Eucharistic Communities.
- Took care of a loose end related to my registration for next month’s House of Bishops meeting.
- Emailed the presenter for our November clergy conference with an eye toward fostering the process of content development.
- Extended some pastoral care by phone to a cleric from outside the diocese.
- Because of some recent changes to my weekend schedule in September, I had to revisit some preaching prep plans. This involved identifying a couple of old texts that can be reworked.
- Evening Prayer in our domestic chapel.