Tuesday (St Benedict)
by Bishop Daniel
on July 11, 2017
- Back from our African sojourn. Began organizing tasks over breakfast at home.
- Kept an 8am appointment with an orthopedist. I suffered an injury 30 years ago that resulted in a “displaced coccyx.” and has, only in the last couple of years, begun to manifest as pain when I am seated in anything but a plush chair. So I’m scheduled for a steroid injection next week.
- Arrived at the office/cathedral complex around 9:15. Took the time to peruse and cull some of the accumulated hard copy items on my desk.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Finished task organizing.
- Took a phone call from the diocesan Cursillo Spiritual Director.
- Responded substantively to an email from one of our rectors regarding an ongoing issue.
- Exchanged emails with the incoming Priest-in-Charge of St Barnabas’, Havana, who will also serve at Mission Strategy Consultant for the three northern deaneries of the diocese.
- Completed my registration for the September meeting of the House of Bishops.
- Spoke briefly with the cathedral Dean.
- Attended to some General Convention-related issues.
- Accomplished a big chunk of my project of switching from one task management app (IQTell, which is folding) to another (Todoist).
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Worked some more on the software transition project.
- Chaired a conference call meeting of the Nashotah House Board of Directors. For three hours. 2:00-5:00. Emotionally and mentally (mostly the latter) draining.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.