Tuesday (St Aelred)
by Bishop Daniel
on January 12, 2016
- I had to follow Brenda to the Hyundai dealer first thing in the morning so she could get her car serviced, then bring her back home. Hence–Morning Prayer in the car (short memorized form), followed by devotions (Angelus and intercessions) in the cathedral when I got there.
- Kept tabs actively throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter, looking for news from the gathering of Anglican primates in Canterbury.
- Edited, refined, and printed a working script of my homily for this Sunday (Christ the King, Normal).
- Met with the Provost and the cathedral Music Director to discuss some musical/liturgical planning issues, ranging from a look back to this past Christmas and ahead to the post-Easter season, with major attention to Holy Week.
- Lunch from La Bamba, eaten at home.
- Dealt with a couple of smallish administrative issues, one related to clergy deployment and one Nashotah-related.
- With breaking news from Canterbury, stepped across the alley into the cathedral for a time of prayer.
- Completed a fairly detailed form as part of the process of executing the annual performance review for the Dean of Nashotah House.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.