Tuesday (Ss Boris & Gleb)
by Bishop Daniel
on September 5, 2017
- Daily and weekly task planning at home. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Attended to one of the many balls in play in connection with the leadership transition at Nashotah House.
- Spent the balance of the morning meeting with Fr Mike Newago, the new Mission Strategy Developer for the northern three deaneries of the diocese. This was essentially our first working meeting, so there were several bases to touch. I’m excited about having him with us.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Tied up some personal loose ends relating to the morning meeting.
- Edited, refined, and printed the working text for this Sunday’s homily (Trinity, Yazoo City, my DEPO parish in the Diocese of Mississippi).
- I’m behind in my prep work for next month’s annual diocesan synod. So I got to work planning the synod Eucharist. Decided we’ll do the votive Mass “Of the Reign of Christ.” Selected appropriate hymns and service music to go with that theme. Made some notes on related loose ends that are at risk of getting lost in the shuffle.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.