Tuesday (Our Lady of Walsingham)
by Bishop Daniel
on September 24, 2019
- Usual start to a weekday workday morning.
- Wrestled heavily with my homiletical message statement for Proper 24 (October 13 in Rantoul), ending up with a developed outline that will provide the basis for a rough draft next week.
- Took a brief walk, about six blocks, just to decompress. (much as I might have were I in the office).
- Dealt with a lingering financial-administrative diocesan issue.
- Lunch from a nearby taqueria, eaten at home.
- Digested an unanticipated email about a serious pastoral-administrative issue. Plotted further actions.
- Substantive phone conversation with a priest who is interested in exploring deployment in the diocese.
- Read and replied to a stack of Ember Day letters from our postulants and candidates for Holy Orders.
- Took the developed outline of my address to synod next month and turned it into a rough draft. It will need some refinement, but it’s essentially finished.
- Evening Prayer in our domestic chapel.