Tuesday (O Sapientia)
- Task planning at home; Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Responded serially to five emails that I had turned into tasks. They were all of a hybrid pastoral/administrative nature, and they all took a fair amount of time.
- Refined and printed a working text for this Sunday’s homily, at St John’s, Centralia,
- Lunch from La Bamba, eaten at home.
- Went over to the Illinois National Bank and arranged for a wire transfer of funds that had already been set aside by Diocesan Council for a particular project in the Diocese of Tabora.
- Composed a fundraising appeal letter to the diocese on behalf of specific needs in our two companion dioceses. Arranged for it to be emailed to all our clergy and key lay leaders; put it on the website, with links on the diocesan Facebook page and my personal Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Left the office at 3:30 because Brenda had a semi-emergency dental appointment and it was appropriate that I accompany her. While in the waiting area, made substantial progress on the still-developing “aspirational” liturgical customary for the diocese.
- Evening Prayer at home.