Tuesday (Ninth Day of Christmas)
- Weekly and daily task organization at home.
- Substantive and lengthy consultation with the Archdeacon on two ongoing pastoral/administrative issues.
- Morning Prayer (quite tardy) in the cathedral.
- Devoted the rest of the morning to one of the above-referenced issues. It was a needle-threading exercise, trying to be gentle and supportive even while deploying the authority of my office and deliver unwelcome news. That in itself was enough of a challenge, but there were also technical issues because I was working in Gnosis.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Wrapped up the work to which I had devoted most of the morning.
- Taking time out around 2:30 to run a personal errand, the afternoon was devoted to my homily for this Sunday (at Trinity, Lincoln), taking it from the “developed outline” stage to “rough draft.”
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.