Tuesday (Jeremy Taylor)
by Bishop Daniel
on August 13, 2019
- Intercessions, Morning Prayer, tea, breakfast, social media cruising, crossword, task planning, shower.
- Took care of a small accounting matter with the Diocesan Administrator via email.
- Engaged the Communications Coordinator over her evolving plans for the Springfield Current.
- Corresponded by email with three potential candidates for the four impending diocesan clergy vacancies.
- Ran an errand to a nearby Staples for inkjet printer cartridges. They always seem to run low at the most inopportune times.
- Executed some forms at the behest of my tax preparer.
- Spoke by phone with a priest from outside the diocese on a potential clergy disciplinary matter.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Consulted via email with the Chancellor and the Archdeacon over (another) clergy disciplinary matter.
- Put some more finishing touches on my draft pastoral teaching document and sent it out to some friends and colleagues for peer review and critique.
- Read another in the collection of catechetical tracts recently made available by the Living Church Foundation. I’m digesting the series in preparation for commending it thoughtfully to the clergy of the diocese.
- Sat down to read a substantial chunk of the book I’ve committed to reviewing for The Living Church.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.