Tuesday in Holy Week
by Bishop Daniel
on March 22, 2016
- Task planning at home (49 taks on the radar for this week).
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Substantive (planned) phone conversation with the rector of Emmanuel, Champaign to discuss some of the details and meta-details of my visitation there on Easter III (April 10).
- Got to work on refining my homily for Easter (Vigil at the cathedral, morning in Jacksonville).
- Broke off from that work at 10:30 to participate in a planned regular conference call with U.S. Trust/Bank of America regarding the Putnam Trust.
- Stepped across the alley to confer with the cathedral Provost over some broad and fine details of Saturday night’s Easter Vigil liturgy.
- Got back to and completed my sermon refining work.
- Executed a form signalling my consent for the Diocese of West Texas to elect of Bishop Suffragan,
- Attended briefly to a technology issue pertaining to our email domain.
- Attended the regularly-scheduled cathedral Mass for Tuesday in Holy Week.
- Lunch at home, leftover.
- Spoke by phone with the Academic Dean of Nashotah House. (This was wearing my Bishop of Springfield hat, not my Board Chairman hat.)
- Devoted most of my afternoon to preparing liturgical materials in support of a diocesan prayer initiative that I rolled out to the clergy on Saturday, and will publicize with a pastoral letter in the next couple of days.
- Examined the text of a homily for Easter III that I used some years ago (1998, to be precise) and began the work of overhauling it for redeployment this year.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.