Tuesday (Hildegard of Bingen)
by Bishop Daniel
on September 17, 2013
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Visited with the Archdeacon and the Provost–mostly debrief on last Saturday’s Celebration of a New Ministry.
- Discussed some travel arrangements with the Administrator.
- Prayerfully took a first look at the readings for the the Mass at which I am the preacher on Thursday, October 24, in the Chapel of St Mary the Virgin, Nashotah House.
- Worked on getting several documents into final form for submission to the Association of Theological Schools Board of Commissioners on behalf of Nashotah House.
- Lunch at home–leftovers.
- Resumed work on the ATS documents.
- Took care of some loose ends relating to the celebration of the Eucharist at the annual diocesan synod next month.
- Planned and scheduled individual actions for the preparation of sermons for the period beginning Advent Sunday and concluding on the Last Sunday after the Epiphany.
- Brief devotions in the cathedral; Evening Prayer in the car on the way home (it was already 6ish).
- After dinner: online lodging reservations for some consecutive overnight travel related to the Illinois Conference of Churches, the consecration of the next Bishop of Western Michigan, and the Forward Movement board meeting, all around the turn of this month into the next.