Tuesday (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
by Bishop Daniel
on April 9, 2019
- Usual routine: contemplative prayer and intercession beginning around 0620, Morning Prayer, tea, breakfast, internet cruising, crossword, task planning, shower.
- Dealt with a substantial bit of pastoral care by email.
- Responded briefly to a message from the Bishop of Tabora.
- Moved the ball downfield a few yards in the ongoing project of reassessing the diocese’s communication strategy.
- Combed through Good Friday sermon texts from prior years. Identified one for use next week at Springfield Cathedral. Did some preliminary surgery to freshen it up. More to come.
- Made hotel reservations for two upcoming special events.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Dealt by email with some significant details pertaining to this Saturday’s Chrism Mass.
- Did some substantial internet research in connection with a pastoral issue.
- Long walk with Brenda on a nice afternoon.
- Today was the day for pastoral stuff: More focused attention, via internet research and email, on an issue quite distinct from the other two I’ve mentioned.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.