Tuesday (Charles Simeon)
by Bishop Daniel
on November 12, 2019
- In our domestic oratory: intercessions and Morning Prayer; then tea, breakfast, internet scanning, crossword.
- Took Brenda over to Swedish Covenant hospital for a test. It’s only three blocks away, and we would normally walk, but the record cold and wind chill, along with the iced-over sidewalks, meant we drove.
- Sent a substantive email to the company to which the Lambeth Conference has outsourced logistical issues, I had some non-standard questions and concerns for which I need some feedback from them.
- Wrestled with my exegetical notes for the reading of Advent II and eventually wrangled a homiletical message statement from them, which will eventually become a sermon for my visitation to St Barnabas’, Havana on December 8.
- Lunch from the hole-in-the-wall Chinese place around the corner, eaten at home.
- Did a brisk 45 minutes on the treadmill, which is, as of the weekend, up and running for the first time since the move to Chicago.
- Drafted and sent a substantive and fairly detailed email over an emerging administrative issue.
- Responded to an email enquiry from the Communications Coordinator.
- Attended via email to some Society of King Charles the Martyr board business.
- Again, via email, took care of three small administrative issues.
- Listened to/watched a YouTube presentation from one of our clergy about the fruit of her recent sabbatical.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.