by Bishop Daniel
on December 11, 2017
- Daily and weekly task planning (and email processing) over breakfast, as well as some blog reading.
- Since we had an electrician scheduled to come by at 10, I got to work on my day at home. Morning Prayer in my recliner.
- Took care of a bit of personal healthcare business on Brenda’s behalf.
- Via email and Doodle poll, attended to a piece of General Convention-related business.
- Took care of a bit of pastoral/administrative business via email.
- Met with the electrician. Problems solved or on the way thereto.
- Spoke by phone with a colleague bishop about an individual in the ordination process. Then headed to the office.
- Prepared to preside and preach at the midday liturgy.
- Consulted with the Administrator around a relatively minor technical issue that is not altogether clear.
- Presided and preached at the cathedral Mass, keeping the lesser (and less-than-official) feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- Chinese lunch from HyVee, eaten at home.
- Edited, refined, and printed a working text of my homily for this Sunday, to be delivered at St Luke’s, Springfield.
- Drafted, printed, signed, scanned, and emailed a formal letter of invitation to the Bishop of Tabora to come and visit us next June. It’s already been mostly worked out informally, but he needs something formal to begin the arduous process of getting travel documents from the U.S. State Department.
- Refined and edited the draft of my next video presentation in the Marks of Discipleship series. Sent it off the Paige for her to get working on it.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.